View Single Post
Old 02-14-17, 04:27 PM
dpicare26

Bikes: '15 BMC Granfondo '11 Stevens Carbon Team CX, '74 Schwinn Paramount, '85 Trek 600, '89 Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 11 Posts
I did find some info from a different forum:
Some Specialized history

"According to Bryant Bainbridge, Director of R&D at Specialized from 1983-1990, Tim Neenan ( Lighthouse Frames) was their first frame designer. Tim Neenan designed the Expedition after a custom touring frame he made for Mike Sinyard ( Specialized owner) . I believe Neenan was also responsible for the Sequoia model. Next frame designer was Jim Merz. The mid eighties Allez bear his name. Was there an earlier Allez that was designed by someone else? The final designer of the lugged steel era was Mark Dinucci ( associated with Strawberry cycles). I believe he was responsible for the Allez Pro and Allez Comp. According the Bryant Bainbridge, 1984 production Allez were made by Miyata, later some smaller factories. From Tim Neenan: the Expedition was made of Tange tubing, the same gauge as Columbus SP- 1mm/.7mm."

These frames are definitely cool. I'd probably be comfortable in the $250-300 range, for a complete bike