Old 02-18-17, 04:48 PM
vinuneuro

Bikes: 2016 Diverge Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I find in general that I like the tension adjustment on the Wellgo pedals slightly better than on Shimano pedals.

I haven't tried either of those pedals above. I've been experimenting with single sided SPD pedals for a while. One gets used to them, but one does have to think about engaging. My first use of single sided was just before a very wicked hill-climb ride. Not the best time to be practising with new pedals.

I've got somewhere around 1000 miles on the XPEDO R-Force pedals, and the bearings still are tight enough that they aren't 100% predictable in positioning while the cranks are moving. Cold weather may also affect it.

I've re-greased Shimano bearings before. I really like the way the whole axle assembly pulls out for easy access. So far, I haven't had to do it with Wellgo pedals, nor have I pulled the XPEDO cartridges yet.
Thanks for the feedback. The reason I'm switching pedals is to get away from single sided SPD. When I started out I got the A530's. They are 'supposed' to be weighted so the SPD side always is facing up but it's just never worked out that way and gets annoying having to fiddle with them riding away from stop lights. Maybe the Ultegra level A600's would have better bearings where this isn't an issue, but I'm ready to switch to normal double sided entry.