Old 02-23-17, 09:58 AM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
I've been to the gym four times this week for strength, core and stretching. Today was the best I've felt so far. Coach has me doing one set rather than two of the exercises, and because my back can't handle impacts, I'm leaving some of the calisthenics out. However, I have added a whole series of planks and other core exercises to the quiver. My body tends towards being stiff, it is taking longer these days to loosen up, not just warm up. The best remedy for that is to keep moving, being sedentary just cements my whole body and I have to break through the menge to get moving again.

Yesterday I put in 30 minutes on the super nice spin bikes they have at the gym. The things generate metrics, and by RPE they're pretty accurate. They also have a bozillion adjustments so I can get the fit very close. I installed an app on my phone to capture the metrics. The bike transmits via bluetooth to a central computer in the room and displays the numbers as well as virtual rider, a-la Zwift, on a big screen in the room. The app grabbed it all, BUT, I discovered that it doesn't export what it's captured! Crap. I emailed the app developer, and they actually answered, saying they were coming out with an update that would enable export. They also asked what I would like to see on their app. Nice! I did give a few suggestions.

It rained here again this morning. So, the 30 minutes on the bike will wait until this afternoon, or it will be Zwift.

On another note, there is major flooding in San Jose along Coyote Creek. Hellyer Velodrome sits on Coyote Creek. I hope it doesn't wash away....