Thread: Alcohol and You
View Single Post
Old 02-24-17, 02:36 PM
wthensler 

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane SLR 7, 2012 Giant Defy 0, 2012 Trek Domane 6.2 P1, Bianchi Infinito CV disc Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 1,000 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by raceboy
Started out as a light drinker with rare party binges in my 20s and then settled down. Most always wine or beer. Life changes in my 40s started me on the road to drinking more plus I discovered vodka. Oh, yeah!!! Then I was off to the races. Crossed over into alcoholism in my late 40s. Drank to get drunk almost every night for 5 or 6 years. Now I've been sober for almost 5 years with the help of that certain program. My sober journey has helped me lose over 50 pounds for what I hope will be the last time. While losing the weight I became passionate about cycling. Now I ride about 6000 miles a year. My gf says it is my new addiction. She is probably right!
Yes, it seems like many of us go from one addiction to another. I went from alcohol to astronomy and cycling. Thank God the latter two are mutually exclusive from drinking. While bicycles and telescopes aren't cheap, in the long run I wasn't prepared to discover the costs of long term drinking. I've had my fill and quit while ahead......