Old 02-24-17, 03:51 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 2,739 Times in 1,529 Posts
Originally Posted by enzo thecat
It happened as i submitted the above post. .....
While it's possible you originally got infected from something on BF, I suspect your current issue is a Trojan Horse virus of some kind. I suggest you do a full scan with an anti-malware program (malwarebytes is good, but I don't know if they have an Apple version).

In the past, when I've had these trojans, the only way I got rid of them for good was to delete programs one by one until I got rid of the host. These can hide in either Chrome or Firefox, so you might need to delete them then download clean versions.

One of the things I HATE is the windows allover the screen. I wouldn't mind if I needed to actually click to open the link, but many open simply if I drag the cursor over them. That means that you can get infected even if you never intentionally open these links.

If I had to name the single worst feature of modern computers it's that ability to open a link without clicking on it.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.