Old 02-24-17, 04:38 PM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
Originally Posted by Milton Keynes
That's the way it is in my state. I don't know about individuals, but if someone shows up at an ER with a dog bite, the ER is required to report it to police and a report will be filed, even if the bite happened by the victim's own dog. Then the dog must be contained in case of rabies. If I were bitten, I would definitely contact local law enforcement to make a report, just in case the dog is vicious or to have the owner pay for rabies shots if necessary.

I haven't been bitten yet but came close. I was riding around a small town and went by a house where an unrestrained dog ran out of the yard and across the street where I was riding. He nipped at the heel of my shoe, and had he been a little bit faster or I had been going slower, I have no doubt I would have been bitten. It made me consider getting pepper spray in case that happened again.
Eggs - actly!. My dog was bitten. I took hi to the vet. By law my dog had to get a rabies booster. And by law they had to tell the police. The other dog was taken away by the owners. That's illegal. A huge Burmese MT. dog attacked my little Corgi for no reason. Fortunately he grabbed my dog my the scruff of the neck on the loose skin. Five or six people did nothing. I the big dog by the collar and kept punching him in the backof the head until he let go off my dog. Then no one would hold the big dog. Eventually I let go and he just stood there so I could get my dog and leave. The dog owner called her brother in lawso he could repeatedly threaten me. @#$%^%$ Great.