View Single Post
Old 02-24-17, 07:32 PM
plumberroy

Bikes: Surly long haul trucker, Surly steamroller,Huffy Catalina, Univega Alpina 501. Gravity deadeye monster, Raliegh sport , Electra loft 1

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by jefnvk
What happens between you and your dogs is your business. Your dog bites me, and I still will be calling authorities. I have no clue the health of your dogs, how up to date it is on its vaccines, or its temperament, nor do I want to give up proper process and evidence in case any of this ends up in a court. I should be able to enjoy the outoors without worrying about your pets.

As to the methods of protection, I know forum rules and what gets threads shut down in a hurry, so I don't go there. Plenty of bang-bang forums I could go to if I wanted to discuss that.
We kept dogs that would bite properly secured. Only dogs left out would not leave the yard to chase you but would not let you in the yard , there was a time that was acceptable. I have only seen 2-3 dogs like that out of hundreds maybe thousands of dogs . The thing is here in Ohio those extendable leashes are illegal once they extend pass 6 foot our local park ranger wrote people up a couple years ago and the local judge threw the tickets out
We always kept dogs up to date on shots and documented that. today we have 2 rescues still up to date and under control
points are 1. besides trained guard/attack dogs I haven't seen more than 3-4 dogs I couldn't handle 2. 99.9 % of dog bites aren't a big deal to me . A horse biting you is much worse than most dog bite yes I have been bitten by a horse