View Single Post
Old 02-25-17, 06:38 PM
Hardrock23

Bikes: 1987 Schwinn Prelude

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Iv been attacked by a dog, though not while riding.
I wrote this on a thread last year. Going to C/P some of it since its quicker lol

"Iv been attacked by a pit. I was bit twice and the second bite is when the dog "locked" his jaw on me. Bit on my right thigh and left calf. The dog was on a leash attached to the house and broke off it in front of the owner. The lady couldn't get the dog under control. Thankfully i had a friend with me and he was able to eventually kick the dog so hard that he separated us...but that took a few tries and took a good amount of my skin etc off with the dog. I have a large scarred section on my calf that looks like a few bullet hole scars with about 3 inch long scars coming out of them from the tearing away. That section is still numb and doesn't move anymore. This happened 10 years ago. It took roughly 5-6 months to heal. I was the 4th person attacked by this dog. At the time i was attacked, i had 4 pits of my own."

...Needless to say, I'm terrified of dogs now. I did have that dog put down...It amazes me that it wasn't put down before. I personally would have at least reported it, even if it was "just a bite" and not a full on vicious attack...next time it might be.