View Single Post
Old 02-28-17, 07:53 AM
zoom26

Bikes: Dahon Speed P16 (Upgraded P8)/ 2014 Dahon Vybe c7a / 2015 Trek 7.2fx / 26" Schwinn Ranger

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
So the truly crappy pedals on my POS folding bike are dying fast, and I need to replace them.

Keep in mind that this bike is nothing I consider a decent ride, but it serves a purpose as a beater/errand bike, plus it's my one way ride when I need to rent a car.

So, I'm shopping pedals, and don't want to spend much but, besides the ability to fold, there's only one thing I really care about. That's that they're decently rigid and locked in the open position because sloppy pedals make the whole bike feel worse than it really is.

So, I need advice, but when naming specific pedals please focus on whether they lock open rigidly. I'm most interested in the flip side, namely which to avoid because they don't. I'm not looking for anything really good, just trying to avoid truly bad ones.

Thanks
MKS FD7 is my personal choice, it can be had for about 40$ on amazon. I use regular platform bmx/mtb pedals on my other folder from REI for like $20, a little too wide but solid. I broke the bearings on the stock wellgo steel pedals on my other dahon so I just bought the platforms from REI and the stock plastic folding pedals on my Dahon Vybe is just not doing it for me so I bought the MKS FD7.