View Single Post
Old 02-28-17, 12:30 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
I've been doing easy stuff on the trainer on the road bike since my eye surgery a week ago. It has been all about cadence of late, might as well do something productive while I've got some sort-of down time. I think in yesterday's workout, I wound up doing something like 70 min with a cadence of 105 rpm. Not the mightiest power output, but its still hard to do. Getting easier though.

Saw my eye doc for my 1 week follow-up today. Everything is really good right now with the eyes. Right eye's vision is 20/20 and the left eye (the recently operated one) is lagging behind but coming along. Everything looks quiet in the eye, which is good and lenses look nice.

I mentioned to doc that I was planning on a 40K TT this Sat. He asked a few questions as to what that would be like and then said, "Um: No". Too much too soon, he'd like me to go a little easier on the TT bike for a few weeks.

But I am cleared to ride on the road. First road ride in a week is scheduled for 4:25am tomorrow, meeting a friend to ride and then get coffee. The whole plan sounds delicious to me.

Oh yeah and my weight is up, between going on vacation and eating/drinking too much and having a few weeks of light activity on the bike. So I've got to get on top of that, started a "diet" yesterday. Which isn't really a diet so much as being back to counting calories and making a point of just eating what is actually intended to eat and what is good for me. As opposed to all the stray calories that I tend to grab as the opportunity presents itself.

Overall though I feel like I'm almost all the way hacked through the jungle. And I still have some life left in my machete.