Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 12-19-05, 11:53 AM
cavit8
Shiftless bum

Bikes: Apollo fixed winter bike, Gazelle Cross, Baboe Cargo bike, Linskey Rouleur Road, Bridgestone Picnica, Tern C7, 2nd gen Strida

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by eyefloater
To keep things simple let's say used frame and fork. My limit ... right now .... $400 (CDN).
You may want to put a bid down on some of the Rossin's that LaBicletta is getting rid of. Do an ebay search for Track in cycling with "available to the United States". The bikes don't show up otherwise. Their BIN is around $560 CAD, but it looks like they're taking offers. LaBicletta does have a store in Toronto, so it may save on S&H too if they're up here. The frames aren't listed on their website.

Too bad, cause the largest they have is 57 which is about 2cm too small for me at a minimum.

I hear your pain on finding a half decent frame/fork online. I found a 59 cm Sannino, identical to gokiburi's. The bike shop wanted $1300 USD for the frame and fork alone There was a cherry 57 cm Sannino pursuit frame that went for $200 USD. makes me weep.

I wish I'd jumped on a couple of frames when I started looking about a year and a bit ago. It seems anything remotely my size is priced way out of reach. I'm better off buying a new Marinoni or something...