coominya

Bikes: Giant ToughRoad Giant talon

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kickstart
Or not.
Maybe where you are, but in other places aggressiveness is answered with aggressiveness.
Don't misunderstand me I'm not talking about ripping mirrors off like some idiots here do, it's a mindset, a jungle mindset. In the jungle there are many aggressive creatures, they stake their territory and prey upon it, but if a more aggressive animal comes along they are the first to turn tail, get away, out of harms way. That's what I do, get out of harms way when there is heavy traffic around.

I don't know why I am bothering here though, this doesn't apply in the case of most cyclists, no amount of skill or assertion or aggression is going to help people who regularly ride tens of miles up main roads and highways with cars and trucks whizzing past and turning in front of them (or over them) in a continuous stream. They just have to take their chances I'm afraid.

I best leave this advocacy and safety sub-forum to the ones who ride as I just described, because it's clear from my readings here that they have no practical interest in keeping themselves and other cyclists safe. This whole sub-forum is an exercise in politics and blaming drivers every time a cyclist gets squashed. Cyclists will never be safe around motor vehicles, the only way to keep truly safe is to ride in environments where there are very few, or none at all.

Enjoy your debates folks. Bye