View Single Post
Old 03-13-17, 04:58 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Sorry, this is Canada. Seniors care is part of our universal health care service. If you are broke we will still take care of you

People who need their butts wiped (your words) usually wind up in care and when you are in care family members don't do the wipen. HCA's (health Care Aids) do. My wife is an HCA (for 23 years) at the same facility that I work in so that's how I know about that.

I get that you are thinking of people abandoning all to go on some multi year round the world trek but that's not really what we are talking about here. You've got to read the OP again. To me it sounds like a guy who's family and GF just didn't like the idea of his bicycle touring period. No talk of young kids or anything.

But I'm curious about the coach/ world traveler thing. What if the coach is also a pedophile and the traveler is a sexual abuse survivor who does empowerment talks along the way? Life isn't really so black and white that you can just say you admire one type and not the other.

What if you sacrifice everything for your kids and they grow up with a spoiled sense of entitlement while the sometimes absent neighbor next door winds up being a great role model for his kids by setting and achieving big goals? I bet Dwight Eisenhower didn't spend much time at home with little Johnny. Thank goodness no one talked him out of taking that General's gig for a few years right around 1944.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 03-13-17 at 05:17 PM.