Old 03-14-17, 03:31 PM
Peter2290

Bikes: Cannondale Supersix Evo Hi-MOD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Seattle Forrest
Wait, it has maps but no touchscreen? Wow, that was a mistake!
Not at all. Why do you need a touchscreen?

Internally, this is the exact same thing as the Elemnt. The only differences are in the packaging - smaller body, LEDs only up top, aero design/mount, 0.5" smaller screen, and only shows 9 data fields vs 11

However, it is $80 cheaper, the buttons are easier to push, the screen is slightly different (friend who has the Bolt says it's very slightly easier to read), the LEDs are brighter (ones on the Elemnt get washed out in direct sun), and the beeping for notifications is much louder (you can't really hear the Elemnt beep when you're moving at any decent speed). Great updates for me for a fantastic price.

I'll agree that the Elemnt was pretty rough in the beginning but I've had mine since last April and Wahoo have been great with updates and adding features and fixing bugs. I'd take on over a Garmin any day now, especially with what I hear about Garmin support. The screen is great (no need for color), buttons rule compared to crap touchscreens, and the mapping is great as long as you know what to expect.

I'm definitely gonna look into selling my Elemnt and picking up a Bolt.