Old 03-18-17, 09:48 PM
sjanzeir
BF's Resident Dumbass

Bikes: 1990 Raleigh Flyer (size 21"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 15"); 2014 Trek 7.6 FX (size 17.5"); 2019 Dahon Mu D9; 2020 Dahon Hemingway D9

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked 1,494 Times in 496 Posts
Yet another BSO - of sorts:

This is a Hummer-branded Kent Shogun Terra that I bought used from an Egyptian dude who claimed that he had used it only twice (of course, he was lying through his teeth; the cheap-ass, off-off-brand Chinese rear tire was almost bald.) First order of business: Replaced those tires with the pair of Bontrager Solanas I had lying around, which were a huge improvement. The main frame triangle is aluminum; the suspended rear triangle is steel. The Shimano Tourney groupset works as well as one might expect from Shimano's bottom-rung components; the derailleurs shift crisply and readily. The suspension fork is a POS; there's slight play in the legs, which causes them to tilt backwards upon braking. The brakes themselves, however, work stunningly well (but this is by no means a bike that's capable of anything resembling speed; it's just for leisurely neighborhood strolls and - probably - some basic urban exploration, and nothing more.)

In other news...

Bought this fender set for the Speed D8:

Surprisingly good quality for the $9.99 I paid for them on Amazon, but they took ages to get here! In fact, Amazon still shows them as "on the way," even though they've been on the bike for 10 days now

Got some other goodies, too: