Old 03-20-17, 01:29 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5891 Post(s)
Liked 3,475 Times in 2,080 Posts
Originally Posted by schensted
Here's my 83 Trek 600. I bought her new in a Woodbridge, VA LBS while I was training to become a U.S. Marine Officer in nearby Quantico. She started life as a "Sport Touring" bike, complete with SunTour Blue Line components and 27 1/4 inch tires. Now she's sporting a smooth-shifting Shimano 600 drivetrain, beautiful Royal Gran Compe brakes, SunTour Superbe Pro pedals and ratcheting Power Shifters, Velo Orange stainless fenders, Nitto stem and handlebars, and a Brooks B-17 saddle. In fact, the only original parts are the SR Laprade seatpost and the Blackburn rear rack. My goal with this, my favorite bike, was to create a period-correct wannabe Randonneuse, using the most reliable and aesthetically pleasing components. In the future: repaint original Vermillion red, add an extra set of water bottle bosses, and perhaps fork braze-ons to mount a small front rack. I welcome your comments and thanks to Classic and Vintage forum members for inspiring many of my choices.
That bike is a beaut and nice selection of parts. Vintage Treks are very cool bikes and easy as heck to mod.