View Single Post
Old 03-21-17, 04:40 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
I admit that I didn't foresee Skype either, but that is because I didn't understand html as a latent potential of digitization. In fact, it was a long time before I understood how CDs relied on digitization. A lot of clarity is gained by understanding the basic science, from quantum mechanics up. Some things are really impossible, while others are possible but unfathomable by people due to cultural assumptions. Freeing your imagination from cultural assumption clarifies future vision, indeed, but freeing it from the laws of physics/nature only leads to crazy ideas like flying unicorns genetically engineered from fairy dust . . . and limitless energy/industry/consumption/development without climate change or other negative side-effects.
Don't know about unicorns, but I do believe someone IS raising up a mastodon from the dead, with some bone DNA... I'm pretty sure that was impossible/imagination 5 years ago.