Old 12-20-05, 08:41 AM
bellweatherman

Bikes: Too many to count

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Not only is the Park TS-2 overrated. It's just crap. It's just pure crap. I don't understand why everybody just slobbers all over this stand. It's as if people never really use if accurately or just live with the status-quo without really examining their own product and how it works.

The TS-2 self-centering mechanism just does NOT work as advertised. It is highly variable. Try it. The right adjusting knob that you use to put in different width hubs (100mm, 120mm, 130mm, 135mm) just does not offer any type of accuracy at all. The more you tighten the knob, the more the wheel moves to the left in relation to the calipers. Baboom! No more accurate auto-centering. No amount of calibrating the stand will correct this. So, what are you paying for? A big piece of weight. That's what. Perhaps the autocentering mechanism is better in the Park TS-3. I don't know. Haven't tried that one. I would say that if you have the money and just feel like blowing a lot then try the TS-3, but I'll never go back to the TS-2. Ever.