Old 03-23-17, 10:25 PM
bcpriess

Bikes: Masi Giramondo, Trek 830 monstercross build, Raleigh Gran Sport, Lemond Tourmalet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
Here's mine. Got it "newish" in 2005. It looked like it had barely been ridden - white bar tape was still on it...only sign of damage is a small indent on the seat tube from a park stand which has caused zero problems. I replaced the GB bars with wider Modolo Anatomic Bend bars, the rear wheel ate it hard a while back and had to be replaced, so only the front is Weinmann. Suntour bar ends - I totally hated the dt shifters, and it has better Shimano hoods with rubber instead of the white Carlton/Weinmanns it came with, and I liked the contrasting red bar tape for aesthetic reasons. It has stronglight crankset, and Campagnolo derailleurs. The rear freewheel wore out and was skipping, so it's not original. Original saddle AFAIK. It's a little shorter than I'd prefer (I think it's 22.5 in / 57cm and I think a 60 would fit perfectly but I've ridden it at least 10k miles as is) - I'm 6-0 and I've got the bars jacked up as high as I'm comfortable riding them, but the ride quality is absolutely superb - totally eats up dirt singletrack if you'll let it. Bottom bracket's on the way out though.