Old 03-27-17, 09:08 AM
tonedawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
new entry-level vs used upgraded vs older mint condition ( plan on upgrading)

I'm thinking buying a newer bike is a smart move instead trying to fill some void on account of my univega being stolen. BUT
As I go back and fourth with which route to go,I'm stuck w/thinking buying an entry level bike is a waste because it's the base model,cheapest the LBS offers.(thats an opion i formed from some bits and pieces of others suggestions)can it be upgraded?is it worth it?or is it just going to be the entry level bike that I ride as it loses value and when I'm ready to advance be out $500+.?
IS buying a couple years old higher end bike w/upgraded parts they only other alternative,or buying a used entry level, so at the end you're not out as much as..?
One more thought/question: can an older bike(10-15yrs old)be upgraded and safe enough(that won't fall apart) to hit some trails,explore the woods,paved bike routes,and cruising parks to enjoy and get some exercise.
Or bottom line,just spend the money on a new or newer bike because even if its entry level its better than a older style mtb?
OBVIOUSLY a new higher end bike is not in my budget right now,but I need/want to get riding NOW so any advice is greatly appreciated,thank you!
ps.i don't need any English, punctuation, or snippy"if you can't spend $1500 don't ride!