Old 03-27-17, 10:40 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4210 Post(s)
Liked 3,878 Times in 2,315 Posts
Dave I guess we will not agree. I have run a number of my bikes (including two tandems with Sachs Ergo and either Sachs (both New Success and Neos rear ders) or Shimanos with Sachs 7 and 8 speed freewheels for many thousands of miles. A few of my customers did too but as the Shimano juggernaut took over others drifted on. I'd photo the two remaining bikes but it's late and the garage is cold.

My comments about Campy willing to build to a contracted spec speaks to Campy, not Sachs. Sure Sachs was grabbing for straws. No wonder they sold out to Sram a short time later. What companies do in their throws of death can be weird. But remember that Sachs had a strong hold on the city IHG market in Europe for decades before and later, for whatever that segment was worth. Too bad they are leaving it recently.

So we have two different takes on the Sachs Ergo specs. I guess readers will just have to do their own discovery and report back. Not that many will. Andy (who has continued Sachs and campy Ergo use with Shift mates and loves pointed hoods)