Old 03-28-17, 08:29 PM
Tbone2

Bikes: Giant Escape City

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Average MPH

When I started my new adventure on the bike I was averaging 9.5 to 10.5 mph which I thought was pretty good for an old fart newbie.
After going on a few club rides with other more experienced old farts I realized I have a ways to go to get to there level, but I wouldn't expect to be able to hang with riders that have been riding for years but I do want to catch up to there speed.
Also when I started riding I assumed that it would be awhile before I could make 20+ mile rides, but I'm getting there.

I ride to work everyday now for 3 weeks (6 miles x2) I don't push I just go to work and go home at the end of the day, the weather has been kind so far. I make short grocery runs from time to time and just explore a little here and there. Amazing how much more I see on a bike as opposed to the car. Point is I may not be piling up big miles on one ride but I ride very regularly, daily. I've done 2 club rides of 20+ miles. Club rides are kind of hard, they keep a hot pace for me but I more or less keep up, however I realize that if not on a club ride, riding at my own pace 20 miles is no problem, I'm sure I can do much more. I do not yet have a bike rack for my car but when I do I'm going to do some serious trail rides.

Tthe daily commute and endless short rides is paying off, my ride to work is now up to 12.5 mph, there is no competition just me doing what I gotta do, get to work and get home. I wonder how long it will take to get to 14 mph?