View Single Post
Old 03-31-17, 09:08 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 679 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by Doge
We/he doesn't bother. I've posted pages that we see no use for them. They happen to exist on some training wheels and Watts get picked up on that ride.
I know you've said you don't really get why people train with power. As long as you guys look at it like this, you will never get it. Knowing how he puts out power on efforts like this could inform his training and enable him to better prep for such events.

Yes, I know he is young and has all that youthful energy and resilience that so many of us now lack, and I also get that both you and he do not want to become one of those people who stare at their screen rather than race by instinct, but I do not understand why you don't put in the effort to fully maximize training as you do trying to build the perfect bicycle for this race?

And as for racing, I put a piece of tape over my computer screen so I do not see what I am doing during the race, as I do not see my power output having much use during a race. Rather, the value is in after the race, reviewing my data, seeing my weaknesses and then finding ways to address them. In some cases, the data shows only minute areas of improvement, but that could mean a 1 or 2 second difference in an event like this, which could be the third place instead of first.