Old 04-02-17, 08:05 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,803 Times in 1,801 Posts
This. I usually tote a coupleafew bungee cords in my grocery panniers on my errand bike; and a long Velcro strap for situations where there's no handy place to hook the bungee cords. Besides stabilizing the front wheel I use the bungee cords to lash the frame to the improvised lockup points so the bike doesn't flop around during loading/unloading. Usually I park and lock to the shopping buggy rack closest to the front door. I'll use a bungee on the front and rear, wrapped around the buggy corral, to keep things steady. Helps when fetching really heavy stuff, like jugs of cat litter, etc.

I'll also bungee or Velcro-strap the bike to the city bus bike rack. The bike rack arm hooks have bungee cords inside but are often worn out and not secure. And an extra bungee cord or strap should slow down a would-be thief if someone tries a grab and go at a bus stop.

Originally Posted by bikeman715
Try using a bungee cord thou the frame and hook to the front wheel should keep the handlebar straight for you . by the way it is normal for the wheel / handlebar to turn one way or another when you park the bike .