View Single Post
Old 04-03-17, 08:18 AM
corrado33

Bikes: 199? Landshark Roadshark, 198? Mondonico Diamond, 1987 Panasonic DX-5000, 1987 Bianchi Limited, Univega... Chrome..., 1989 Schwinn Woodlands, Motobecane USA Record, Raleigh Tokul 2

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank everybody for the responses. It'll take me a while to parse all of the answers and pick something to buy. I apologize for not responding sooner, I was out of town.

Yes, I understand condensation, but during the day the majority of my rides are of the less than 5 miles sort and I don't tend to push it hard. I wasn't sweating on that particular day, and in fact, I rarely sweat unless it's >75 °F outside. (The downside to that is that I'm almost always cold unless it's >75 outside.)

And the condensation argument doesn't make a ton of sense. That would imply that the puffy (it was a "thin" puffy jacket) is breathable but the rain jacket wouldn't be. In my experience, that puffy is not breathable at all.

I'll try to spray some DWR on the jacket to see if that helps. Here in bozeman, we rarely get downpours (for more than an hour or so.) So I usually just have to deal with light consistent rain.