Thread: Hot r Not
View Single Post
Old 04-04-17, 12:55 PM
joejack951

Bikes: 2016 Hong Fu FM-079-F, 1984 Trek 660, 2005 Iron Horse Warrior Expert, 2009 Pedal Force CX1, 2016 Islabikes Beinn 20 (son's)

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by TenSpeedV2
The gumwalls look like an afterthought and it really takes away from the bike overall.
Poppycock

Originally Posted by kbarch
That helps, but mostly I like the way it shows off the taper of the head tube and the general shapeliness of the frame.
The bulging head tube is my least favorite part of this frame. The downtube also looks too big from the front, but alas, that's what you get with a modern carbon frame.

Originally Posted by ravenmore
Good looking build. Personally I don't like the saddle angle, gumwall tires, and not sure how I feel about the white saddle/bar tape/cable housing.
Wait, what do you like then?

Originally Posted by redfooj
I think this is one of the best examples of skinwalls because they pair on rims with some fair depth and they set a pop from the stealth look.

Being that red and black is a pretty sinister combo that would have made for a great accent instead of white. That would be 9.7
Someone gets my skinwall choice! I'll ignore the comments about how red would have made this bike better.

Originally Posted by noodle soup
Not a fan of the white housings, cages, or hubs.

Those handlebars look tiny

Disc brakes look hideous on road bikes
Boo! The handlebars are pretty short and shallow. The upside is I get to run a 110mm stem (vs. 100mm, you know, for a better score in this thread) and I have plenty of saddle to bar drop at the hoods (for a better score, and it's quite comfortable for me) while still having usable drops. They are very similar to the Ritchey Classics I have on my Trek and those work very well for me. Less compact drops would likely have required I go to the next size up frame to make them usable (which is how I used to build my bikes) but I like the aesthetics of the smaller frame that the compact bars allow, among the other functional traits. The discs are function over form, but I'm not offended by them either.