View Single Post
Old 04-06-17, 05:21 AM
downtube

Bikes: Many Downtube Folders :)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts
I'd recommend a Xootr Scooter if I thought this thread was real. I think Emmy is Mr. Pingis. Let's take a look at some of Emmy's posts:

In her first post we see that she is a college student and owns a Gazelle

I have had an Origami Gazelle for years now and I absolutely love it! It has held up wonderfully, and never caused me any problems. It is very light (only 28 lbs) and is ideal for commuting from class to class on my college campus. It folds up small enough to fit under my bed in my dorm!
In post #2 is innocent enough

I have had an Origami bike for years now, and although I don't ride it every single day, I have never had an issue with it thus far. I have ridden it on all types of terrain, and it rain or shine. The only problem was when I first got it the brakes needed to be readjusted, but that is not a big issue.
Post #3 gets weird...she wants to know about Origami:

I was just wondering if anyone else on here has any experiences with Origami brand bikes. I am very interested in knowing all the pros and cons poeple have found with their bikes. Thank you!
In post #4 she talks about an Origami seat cushion. Does anyone other than Paul know that Origami sells seat cushions?
If you'd like to try a quick fit to help your seat issue first, I know the Origami bike company sells an inexpensive memory foam cover for your seat. That may help resolve some of your pain at least temporarily. You can find it here: origamibicycles.com/product/classic-bag-svea/ Hope this helps!
Post #5 feels like Paul's normal sales pitch:

I have owned an Origami bike for years now, and it still works like new. I have had virtually no issues with it (other than a simple flat tire), and it has held up perfectly over all terrains. However, I know everyone is different, so I also reccomend checking out the bike before fully committing. I know Origami offers a two week trial where you keep the bike for two weeks, and send it back if you don't like it. I think it would be a great option to consider!
In post #6 she switches to a Crane from a Gazelle.....Gazelle, it was a Gazelle just a week before.

My boyfriend and I both have Origami Crane bicycles (although the cheapest is the Hawk), I drive a Ford Focus, and both bikes fit very easily in my trunk. They are very easy and quick to fold and unfold, lightweight, and perfect for any distance and almost any terrain.
I really hope the admins do something about this.

Thanks,
Yan
Semi-active chess player ( two time Bahamas National Champion )
Sivananda ( Bahamas ) Trained Yoga instructor ( 2013 ) and ThetaHealer since 2013
Bicycle delivery worker for Jimmy John's. Delivering is the best workout I have ever had.

Last edited by downtube; 04-06-17 at 06:29 AM.