Thread: Wheel help
View Single Post
Old 04-07-17, 05:10 PM
Salamandrine 

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked 597 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfrost
I wasn't too impressed with Velocity Synergy rims that I used about ten years ago, but that's probably "old news" these days.

BTW, I chose the Synergy rims for the offset spokes in the rear, but didn't really notice much benefit from that feature. These days, no offset and thinner spokes (2.0/1.5/2.0) on the NDS gives the benefit of more balanced tension.
Interesting comments. OC sounds like a good idea, but it's perhaps a bit oversold. I was originally considering the A23 OC offset rims in 36h for light road touring, but I suspect they'd be a touch too light. Polished A23OC are quite expensive. H+Son offer a lot more bang for the buck, and QC appears to be better - at least according to some reviews. That said, Velocity moved production a few years ago I think, so I may not be fair to compare rims from 10 years ago.

Originally Posted by Velocivixen
The Archetypes are silver and very zippy compared to the TB 14's.
Thanks! I wonder if you mean zippy in aesthetics or zippy in feel? I'm leaning towards polished Archetypes at the moment. Just to try something different.