Old 04-10-17, 07:20 PM
thomas_san

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi there

Hi there ,
i was diagnosed with a form of macular dystrophy at the early age of 14 years old, and i am now 34.
I have been riding my road bike for around 6 years, and last year i had a big accident with it and broke my back bone remaining almost paralyzed for it, but fortunately i wasn't
I stoped now riding my bike because after 6 month i am still recovering from it, but of course i am planning on riding again.
so what i can suggest you, is this,

1) always ride on the road and never on the pedestrian area. It might sound strange , but for people with our problem, pedestrian area could be more dangerous, and not only for us. I had my accident on a pedestrian area crashing right into a mile stone, fortunately wasn't a small kid....)

2) Of course always use nice and clean and good sunglasses.

3)Ride slow or not to fast and if possible not alone, and not in the cities, i noticed that riding in the middle of the nature its way better and its easy to see things, plus there aren't many obstacles you need to worry too much about.

This are the only recommendations i can give you, i hope they can help you, be careful and enjoy your rides, and NEVER GIVE UP!