Old 04-11-17, 08:19 PM
peugeot mongrel

Bikes: 84 Coppi - 94 Hujsak - 82 Colnago Superissimo - 78 Ciöcc - 70's Galmozzi - 73 Lambert - 78 Motobecane Grand Record - 87 Peugeot Triathlon - 66 Peugeot H-40 - 78 Peugeot U08 - 85 Raleigh C-40 - 82 miyata 310 - 82 Univega - 85 Sterling SIS Mixte

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rowebr
My 5800 calipers came new in the box with an assortment of recessed nuts in several lengths, and the rear most definitely has a shorter mounting bolt. So it really sounds as if you received two front brakes. Were they in the blue Shimano box, and was the box un-opened?
Good to know, I couldn't believe it when the parts list only showed the nuts as a difference. Real pain they sent me the wrong one but they'll fix it since the short bolt caliper exists.

They were from Chain Reaction and not in Shimano boxes. They were wrapped in plastic bags with stickers. They already sent me black STIs marked silver and took about 3 weeks to swap. I should have checked the calipers more closely then. They are really fast shipping out. Not so fast on swaps. Bummer one caliper doesn't ship free. Maybe I'll order the pair for the free shipping & return both for the refund.