View Single Post
Old 04-22-17, 01:01 AM
Crossthreaded88

Bikes: Cannondale M500, Electra Cruiser 7, Schwinn Cruiser 3 2003 retro, Trek Calipso Cruiser 7sp, Dyno Taboo Tiki, Dyno Moon Eyes, Dyno Duece, Dyno Moto 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Dyno dilemma

I happen to be somewhat of a Dyno fan/collector and depending on what you have besides the frame, fork, and wheels will determine what sizes to get. You say bars, cranks, and seat so you have a stem or no. The stock OEM parts will be difficult to round up. All 3 of my Dyno's have a BMX style "piston" stem that fits a 22mm handlebar unlike the standard cruiser bar which is 25.4mm. It is also threadless so I suppose your fork is threadless as well which will mean you need to use a BMX style stem with a star nut in your threadless fork. Cranks are pretty universal 170mm will work but I usually see them listed in inches with 7" or 7 1/2" being equivalent. They even have a wide GT inspired one piece crank in 7.5" which is what I would probably use. 44/18 is pretty standard gearing for cruisers but you can play around with making it a little lower geared for easy pedaling. Seats are seats you'll be hard pressed to find a Dyno marked seat. They make aftermarket flame seats with the thin chrome bumper around the back that should be cool looking. The tires are still around NOS but people are getting high dollars for them. Somebody also makes a pedal knockoff that looks original. Lets see and hear what you got.