Old 12-21-05, 07:15 PM
EricDJ
Airborne Titanium

Bikes: Airborne Ti Upright, Raleigh M-20 beater, Peugeot Folding

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a stolen bike. I know its stolen and I cut the lock and took it.

The thieves around here steal bikes and lock them up elsewhere behind or between buildings. The return later and retrieve them at night. A guy saw one of the known thieves locking some up between my building and was doing a report. I left my camcorder in the window hoping to catch video of the person. After the tape ran out the person came by and retreived the stolen bmx bike. They left the other. I cut the 99 cent store style lock and put the bike in the laundry room and left a note saying I put the bike in storage and how to get it. The cops know where it is, and they have the serial numbers. Unfortunately its an old Schwinn ladies bike so the owner may have never noticed, or its so old they never bothered with it if they didn't know the serial. I posted fliers around the area and nobody has called me. So I have inherited a bike on our property I am sure is stolen. I have tried to return it, and the cops know this. It was legally cut since it is on our property. Nothing more I can do. Cops don't seem to care and dont want to take it. Theif won't return to get it like my note said for fear of getting busted. Too cheap for them to mess with.