Old 04-25-17, 08:09 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
The Exposure Strada 1200 is disappointing.

The Exposure website claims "cable free design" but this is somewhat misleading as it refers to the fact that the battery is inside the light and doesn't have an external, wired battery pack. The "Remote control" switch however, is hard wired to the light. There is no ANT or Bluetooth wireless remote control.

The mount seems nice but no way to adapt to a GoPro mount. This is a major omission.

The bottom line is that the beam pattern is all wrong. It is super bright but the light is spread out to the sides too much, like a flood lamp. Exposure calls it a "road beam" and it lights up the side of the road and the top of my front tire almost to the hub. It doesn't throw enough light forward however, for confidence when riding fast, downhill, etc., and the design makes me wonder if anyone at Exposure actually rides at night in any place other than a well lit urban environment.

My Light & Motion Urban 800 has more usable light due to a superior beam pattern. I will be purchasing a Light & Motion Urban 1000 when they are released.

3 hour burn time on high and 24 hours on low is the only reason I may keep it.

-Tim-