View Single Post
Old 04-27-17, 12:47 AM
aaronmcd

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Marin Gestalt X11

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 45 Posts
Well I didn't ride this morning. It looked wet and I was lazy so I went to work early. Then I saw the ride from Mike's bikes Sausalito was tonight with free burgers and beer afterwards, so I did that. With part of highway 1 washed out and closed off, the main ride just goes up and down Mt tam. It was confusing because it was neutral to some random location halfway up the climb, then fast for the 25 to 30 minutes after. And Aria Kiani's neutral pace is approximately zone 4 for me lol. So suddenly everyone takes off and I just climb at high z4. It seems the take off point is a few minutes from a fairly flat stretch so next time I'll know to do a good hard pace to keep up until the flat section. Descended crazy stupid slow for a while, until a few of us leapfrogged slowly and picked it up here and there, Glace back, see who wants to play, etc. Ended up with almost sprint pace back into town at the bottom. Fun ride, kinda, but OTOH I can squeeze more in solo and if I want a longer mostly lazy day I can do butterlap and get the real training in the morning. I'll prob come back for the burger days tho. Once a month.