View Single Post
Old 04-27-17, 08:21 AM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
Originally Posted by jlax2485
I ride them - I have about 1.5 seasons on them and the rear is just starting to show signs that it is very slightly out of radial true. Lateral true is pretty much perfect on both. FWIW I weigh about 212 lbs and I try not to abuse the wheels.
I'd say a 16/20 spoke count wheelset is probably not a good choice for a Clyde. I know Shimano doesn't put a weight limit on these, but it's common sense that you likely need more spokes.

The only thing is that it is a BEAR to get the tire bead over the rim, and shimano recommends not using tire levers with these. I got a flat yesterday on the front tire, and my hands are sore from muscling the bead back over the rim. That gripe aside, the wheels are great. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
This I totally agree with. Mounting any tire on these rims is a total pain.

The WH-6800 has fantastic hubs, high tension spokes, high quality finishing and comes in at a reasonable weight. Downsides include the proprietary spokes and aforementioned tight tire fit.