Old 12-22-05, 02:09 AM
ultraman6970

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
hi...

6.4!!.. thats mean u are like 1.90 meters tall man u better go and try the NBA or something hehehe.. just kidding

Man I'm trying to figure it out how tall r u... eventually the bigger frame I know some companies do is like 62 - 63 and thats it. At those dimmensions I have no clue if a compact geometry in aluminum it will work fine, Im sayng compact (slope) because it is stiffer than regular geometry. hmm just checking fuji... they run until 61 x 59 thats not bad after all.. u just put a MB seat post and the larger stem u can with positive degrees and u r set... my advice right now is to check diferent manufacturers and check how big they run their frames... i guess nobody runs over a 62...

hmm ridley goes thru 62 c-c but c-t it goes thru 66... the top tube is 58.5 c-c.. (ridley oval) I have a ridley compact and the frame is awesomely stiff wonder how stiff is the track one (nice bikes). the guys from Ital-tecno sells the oval frame for 675, if u have the money get that one, Ridley do racing bikes only, not street or sh***, only racing bikes.

Colnago goes in some road bikes to 65 or so but in track aparently they run untill 62 again... Regarding the steel part... steel is cheaper and now adays is stronger than it was before amd even lighter than aluminum.. bianchi concept max size is 61. Looks like u r stocked in 61 - 62 wichever is the best, the other factor is the fit, some brands sizes runs a little smaller than other ones so if u decide in some frame... its better get a test ride 1st.

Regarding custom build? check your pocket 1st.. i know a guy from canada that makes awesome big bikes because he is tall as u... i can give u his web page if u want and see what he can do 4 u... but it wont be so cheap as usually happend with custom made frames. I know the guy personally and he is cool. u have to compare.

thanks...