Old 04-29-17, 06:09 PM
350htrr

Bikes: 27 speed ORYX with over 39,000Kms on it and another 14,000KMs with a BionX E-Assist on it

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1024 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by kickstart
A local e-bike retailer who sells bikes with the Bosch system specifically recommended other systems with a throttle for my circumstance of being a heavy rider in extremely hilly terrain.
When a retailer suggests some of the bikes they sell are likely to be inadequate for someones needs, and suggest bikes they don't sell, I think it's wise to listen.
And... What IS inadequate/adequate...? Well now, That IS, a wide open subject... You want to go down that road,? I would say about 2,000 watts with a throttle would "probably" cover 99.99% of the people who want to ride a bicycle with "assistance"... And.. "If" they want/are able to ride with less assistance they can choose the level of assistance at will... Works for me for people who need it, but not, in a general sense... Meaning trying to get more people to ride a bicycle with enough assistance to get them off their butts, but not make it a "moped"...

EDIT; As I am 100% sure there are others out there that want/would ride a bicycle "if" it had enough power, to make it up all the hills and not pedal, or not pedal much... because they have some "problems"... Well now, a permit would solve that problem... They could have an E-Assist bike with whatever power levels they need... NO problem, from anyone, certainly NOT ME...

Last edited by 350htrr; 04-29-17 at 06:40 PM.