Old 04-29-17, 06:44 PM
Sirius1

Bikes: 1981 Peugeot PH10 - STI updated, 1997 Gary Fisher Tassajara - TBD drop-bar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Been coming here for some motivation...need to get back on the bike again. Love to see these old rides so I'll post up mine. 1981 Peugeot PH10 in "Blue". Bought new when i was 15 and stored for many years. I am sooo glad I didn't give in and get rid of it over the years....AND so glad i wasn't swayed by 'it's old steel...don't waste any money on that'.

Original 10 speed with 27" wheels. Made in France. I updated with mixed 8 spd Shimano 2300/Claris/Sora. Tried to keep this lower cost, but PH10 was 'entry racing' so lower-end kit fits. Can confirm that (at least some) early 80s Pugs were in fact Swiss BB. I used a threadless VO BB so needed the square taper crank of the 2300. Yes it is Carbolite 103, but am convinced is/was the same geometry as the upper models, just lower tubing and bigger wheels. No issues with brake reach with the now 700c standard rims, and really seems that 700c is 'right' for this frame. Did replace the original 27" lugged fork with a genric hi-ten unicrown and threadless Cane Creek headset. IMO there was always a disconnect between the lugless brazed frame the the lugged fork. Think it looks more balanced now. My best at weight is that it dropped from over 28 to just over 24 lbs as it is now. Not a lightweight, but not bad for what it is. Was very happy with how this turned out a few years ago.
Attached Images