Old 04-30-17, 04:47 AM
dz_nuzz
Rides too much bike

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quabbin P12 - 6th

That was absolutely nuts. The first hour was like being kicked in the teeth repeatedly. Everyone knew it would either be "really easy" or "crazy". Yup, it was crazy. Nearly lost contact a few times when counters would go. Eventually, around mile 30 one CCB guy and another dude got OTF and CCB just shut the race down. After a few more ill-fated attempts at sneaking away I sat in till the point where I have habitually succeeded getting OTF before in this race.

Well apaprently the plan worked again, got away on this strange, narrow and shallow climb that leads into a long descent. Made it about 10 miles before a 2 man chase caught up. From there we rolled on together till we got caught at mile 95 by a 7 man chase lead by CCB and the rest of the heavy hitters in the field. Jumped into that, mercilessly sucked wheels and took advantage of the leadout into the finish. Ended up being only 7 of us in the sprint. Got 6/7 for 6th. I have no idea why I do that race. So much pain.

The thing that was the hardest was that we were told there would be neutral water on the motos. There wasn't. I was about to lose my mind when I realized that the lead moto had no water. Mentioned it to the promoter and he apologized and said he would look into it for next year.