View Single Post
Old 04-30-17, 12:03 PM
gsindela

Bikes: 2015 Storck Scenero G3 (Force 22)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mavickers
Yo.

First BF post. I had this post bookmarked when considering bike frames and ended up getting an Emonda SL.

I previously had a 2005 Jamis Xenith Team, which I loved. It had Dura-Ace 7800 and I was in the process of upgrading the components to DA 7900. When I took the front derailleur off I noticed there was a crack in the hanger. I consulted the LBS who said they could replace the part if I could find it, but it would be iffy in that there is a chance that in addition to the hanger being riveted it may also be glued underneath. If that was the case it would wreck the tube upon removal.

In any event I couldn't source the part. I searched the interwebs and contacted Jamis multiple times, who eventually stopped replying. So for want of a 10 cent piece of metal I purchase a new Emonda frame (I wanted a warranty in case something like that happened again). Darn the luck.

So it mostly has DA 7900 components except for the brakes which are still 7800. The stem is an Easton EC70 90mm with Easton EC70 SL handlbars. I've only ridden if for about a month, on and off the trainer and in the rain and I love it so far. I can't definitively say whether or not it's head and shoulders above the Jamis because I'm no pro and it'd prob be just the money spent talking.

Also during the upgrade process I noticed the brake tracks on my DA 7900 C24 wheels were getting iffy... so I sourced a set of used Aeolus 3s.

Sorry for the naked pic links, I don't have 10 posts yet so I can't post proper image links.

s3.lpsol.com/assets/images/misc/IMG_1741.jpg (with DA)
s3.lpsol.com/assets/images/misc/IMG_1836.jpg (with Aeolus)
Welcome and congrats on the bike!