Old 04-30-17, 10:37 PM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by johngwheeler
Maybe Giant has better representation in Australia - there are a number of Giant stores in the Sydney metro area, with a pretty good selection.

I bought the Giant TCX Advanced Pro 2 a couple of months ago and am very happy with it, although the high bottom bracket takes a bit of getting used to - I had my saddle way too low to start with because it felt so high. It's now quite a stretch to touch the ground with my toes when stopped, but does allow me to keep pedalling around corners :-).

However, I had the same experience with my LBS (who had a lot of Giant inventory, but not the CX bikes). They said they could order one for me, but but I really wanted a test ride before parting with the cash. The LBS suggested I find another store with the bike I wanted in my size, but then I felt honour-bound to buy from that store after test riding two bikes and spending time asking questions. I feel bad for the original store, but ultimately, both stores want my business, and only one had the item I was after available to test.

John.
Sydney Australia, population 4.5 million. Kailua Kona. Population 12,000.