Old 05-01-17, 05:10 AM
JohnnyPedals

Bikes: 2017 Giant TCR Advanced Pro

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kbarch
Thanks. You know, last weekend, the trees were still bare. Yesterday, suddenly they were all green!

The TCX? It's nice. It gives one more options, and having the big 40mm tires is REALLY nice on the rough sections of trails. Have just under 300 miles on it, and yesterday was the first time I really put it through its paces, so it's just getting broken in. Need to have the derailleur cable re-set, I think. I really like the 1x, which I switched from a 40t chain ring to a 46t, since the cassette is 11-42 and I spend a lot of time on the road. It's worked well like that, but I may put the little ring back on for a really challenging ride in the fall.

Oh, I see you did the Fleche Buffoon! A bunch of friends did Hell of Hunterdon (which they also put on) and I kept getting notices about that and had considered it - need to get out more!
Thanks for the review. One thing is I might want a 2x11 because I would be using it more as long range road with some gravel thrown in. Do you have any issue spinning out on the road?
Jp