View Single Post
Old 05-01-17, 09:32 AM
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked 1,994 Times in 570 Posts
Originally Posted by az_cyclist
How was it Biker395?
It was great! I actually met another Bullshifter climbing up Mt. Baldy Road. I wish I could remember his name, but you know how the memory is the first thing to go. lol

The weather was perfect. Comfortable in the morning, and as it heated up, we had a cooling breeze almost everywhere we went.

The support was great too. The only snafu was a lack of water on the GMR/GRR climb. Unfortunately, that was the hottest part of the day.

My friend Molly came along, and even though she isn't quite in cycling shape yet, I managed to cajole her into finishing up on the ski lift climb so she could get her medal. I was so proud of her.

Another plus is that the ride had a "happy ending" ... a big long descent down to the start.

Honestly ... it was a great day. There were CLOUDS of cyclists up there. I had forgotten my camera, but my buddy Steve gave me his so I could take pix. When he gets around to posting them on FB, I'll post some of them up here.