Old 05-01-17, 09:38 AM
az_cyclist

Bikes: Trek Domane 4.5, Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Biker395
It was great! I actually met another Bullshifter climbing up Mt. Baldy Road. I wish I could remember his name, but you know how the memory is the first thing to go. lol

The weather was perfect. Comfortable in the morning, and as it heated up, we had a cooling breeze almost everywhere we went.

The support was great too. The only snafu was a lack of water on the GMR/GRR climb. Unfortunately, that was the hottest part of the day.

My friend Molly came along, and even though she isn't quite in cycling shape yet, I managed to cajole her into finishing up on the ski lift climb so she could get her medal. I was so proud of her.

Another plus is that the ride had a "happy ending" ... a big long descent down to the start.

Honestly ... it was a great day. There were CLOUDS of cyclists up there. I had forgotten my camera, but my buddy Steve gave me his so I could take pix. When he gets around to posting them on FB, I'll post some of them up here.
Nice report. I assume you mean Steve M. I saw on Strava he rode that, and how difficult it was. Kudos Biker395! I am not sure what Bull rode it.. I will have to find out.