View Single Post
Old 05-03-17, 12:11 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2953 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
May 3, 1967

Hey, today is my birthday and I am finally eligible to join this august group. I've been looking forward to it. I usually hang out in the 33, Road, and Commuting forums.

Please tell us your age: 50 years, 0 days.

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?

Road, mostly.
2015 Specialized Tarmac
2012 Ridley Excalibur
1986 Gazelle Champion Mondial

I am in the process of building up an Ellworth Roots CX bike and I have a 1990(?) Specialized Rock Hopper utility/beater.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Not really. I take magnesium in the summer to deal with cramps, but nothing else.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
I don't think so. I'm definitely fitter than when I was 30 and I might be a hair faster than when I was 40. My diet is a lot better, for sure, and that hasn't hurt.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
I've ridden a bike as long as I can remember.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides.
I commute everyday and I road race--crits and road races, primarily. I have raced CX but both my kids play soccer so fall weekends are pretty full and it's been hard to get away to race. I might like to get a TT bike eventually. And if we ever get a velodrome built, I will definitely buy a track bike.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
I ride nearly every day. I've averaged 6500 mi/yr over the last 5 years.

Last edited by caloso; 05-03-17 at 12:19 PM.