View Single Post
Old 05-03-17, 12:50 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3164 Post(s)
Liked 1,721 Times in 1,040 Posts
Originally Posted by garciawork
The only issue I have with Potenza, or at least this was the case when it was released, is it can only shift 1 up, 3 down, rather than 3 up, 5 down. That is one of the huge benefits of Campy IMO, and why I originally went with Chorus over Athena years ago, even though I wanted the silver look. But, regardless, I vastly prefer Campy aesthetics, ad shifter feel. Unfortunately, I don't plan on building a bike sans disc brakes again, so until they release theirs, Shimano for me...
I found the ideal fix was to add a Chorus shifter to my Athena Carbon group, which I spec'd in silver derailleurs and brakes alongside the carbon fiber brifters and crankset. The resulting visuals on the Venturi are perfect to my tastes.

I'm considering doing a new build right now, and am really torn over Potenza, primarily because shift gear is not cross -line compatible, meaning that Chorus/Record shifters are not compatible with Potenza derailleurs and Potenza shifters are not compatible with Chorus/Record derailleurs, so I'd be kinda stuck with Potenza. Probably it's not a big deal, but if Chorus weren't $300 more, I'd definitely go Chorus.