Old 05-04-17, 12:38 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
"sports" hernia, tearing lower abs

Hello. I just wondered if others have experience this. I have been super consistent with doing 2 or 3 group fitness classes at the gym that include lots of core work, ab exercises, oblique twists, hip flexor work, etc...
In the past I really got a great benefit from all of this that translated in much improved enjoyment of cycling. I have already had 2 inguinal hernia surgeries and went back to my surgeon and he says I have not suffered a recurrence of an inguinal hernia, so this is not a "true" hernia. He did refer to it as a sports hernia, apparently a layman's term. Apparently what I have is like a stage 2 tendonosis of the lower abs, adductor, hip flexor area. My left lower abs have an intermittent tearing sensation that when I make certain motions, the pain goes through the roof. I'm backing way off of all the gym workouts for now, and may try a few bike rides at lower intensity to see how things go.
I'll be 55 years old this month BTW. I was just wondered if others have suffered such harsh abdominal tears that were so bad they couldn't ride.
Thanks, for any help, from Bill.