Old 05-06-17, 10:50 AM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 231 Times in 183 Posts
At least some of the Blitzu lights are made by a very large bike light manufacturer (Raypal) in China. I was given a Blitzu Gator 320 front light for Christmas and because I couldn't find the specifications for the battery, I opened the light only to find the Raypal name on the inner components. It sells for around $30 under the Blitzu name but you can find the same light for under $15 under a variety of other brand names.

I own two Raypal taillights. My Raypal RPL-2266 has 26 chips in the COB that makes up the light. It is identical to the Blitzu 168T from the outside. Count the LED chips in your Blitzu for comparison. Raypal rates the light 100 lumens. It is very bright. You can get it from a US seller in California for as little as $6 postpaid on eBay Ultra Bright USB Rechargeable Safety Bike Helmet or Backpack Light | eBay It is the same light I bought for $10 about 6 months ago. The prices have been dropping like a stone ever since the number of COB (Chip on Board) USB rechargeable taillights has increased. You can find more than a dozen versions of these lights for less than $15, especially if you are willing to use an overseas seller and wait about 2 weeks for delivery. Any of this design are plenty bright for nighttime use.