Old 05-08-17, 09:03 AM
rifraf

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Extrawheel Trailer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
Looking at mine, the hose looks like it could be replaced on the pump quite easily if you could obtain one from the company. If that happened to me, I would contact the company and inquire about parts. Initially I would ask about warranty replacement, if they said no then I would followup and ask about getting a hose that is the length of the hose on the non-gauge version to used instead.

Even if they are unwilling to provide that, it would only cost you the time to ask.
Oh you are quite right of course.

I've simply lacked the energy.

Finding my reason for initially purchasing the pump (an abundance of easily found online parts from multiple sources), turning to err rubbish (parts no longer stocked), simply sucked the wind from my sales.

I've been making do with a pump I found on the roadside that I picked up.

But yeah, I really ought to now make a bigger effort as its been quite a spell since its failure.

I wasn't so much worried about trying for a warranty repair as simply buying either a gauge or a complete hose without a gauge, but with a minimum of fuss.

A buy now button is so much less energy than correspondence and the waiting on answers.

I'll have another look for a source and if no luck, I'll try contacting the company.

Like I said, I love the pump and simply blame the excessive UV light down here in Australia, which I think was likely responsible for making the clear plastic gauge brittle.