Old 05-08-17, 05:02 PM
BigWil

Bikes: 2017 Giant Roam 2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Picked up my bike today...talked things over with the LBS staff, and we decided to do a quick adjust of the seat, and call it good. I will get some miles on the bike, get comfortable riding, and then go back for some more adjustments, if I need them.

Initial thoughts:

1. this bike rides a little rougher ride than my old mountain bike back in the day.
2. just having a bike set for proper height makes a big difference, top speed today was 28km/h
3. It's true what they say: it's just like riding a bicycle. I jumped on, and felt like I could keep the bike upright. What I do need is some miles to get comfortable...I didn't feel comfortable looking behind me, or taking a hand off the bars.
4. I love the brakes on this thing...felt much better with hydraulic disc brakes than a cheap bicycle with caliper brakes
5. Man, I need to get used to this. It was a 4.4km ride from the store to home...and it was a pretty tough experience. If I didn't have a very comfortable to use shifter setup, I probably wouldn't have made it without a good breather.